We teach technology fundamentals to anyone who needs technical help. We can introduce you to all you need to know and what to do before the scammers’ attack and what to do if the scammers come knocking.
The Tech Project | Tech Challenged | Elder FRAUD | Scam Protection
Our goal is to teach everyone how to protect themselves in a digital world. Online Safety fundamentals for children, adults, and older folks. We teach what you need to know to get online safely.
If you’re a senior, we have an ELDER TECH PROGRAM, and we hope we can help you bridge the generation gap and stay in touch with your kids and grandkids.
Do you feel like everyone is asking you for info? Well, guess what they are, and there is a reason for them wanting all this info. Not only will we teach Tech, but we will also teach what you need to know about maybe that helper or family lawyer that is not so helpful but most likely helping themselves to your hard-earned life.
With a basic understanding of Tech, we can build a Technology Wall around you and stop the Rip Off Artists and Scam Artists from gaining access to you and your technology.
You will learn but are not limited to:
- Elder Fraud
- Email Scams, Internet Scams
- Online Dating Scams, Love Scams
- Lawyer Scams, who watches your lawyer while he helps himself to your money.
- Why you should NEVER give out your cell phone number. Cell phone setup, operation and answering techniques.
- Cell Phone Masking: How to mask your real number. This is important so you never give out your real number.
- Basic computer, laptop or pad operations
- How to create complex easy to remember passwords
- What information to give out over the phone and in person
- Email setup on your cell phone and on your computer (how to use a mail client)
- Setup multiple emails , one for junk, one for important stuff like banking and one for family.
- What emails to answer and how to answer them. What links on an email to click. How to check links before you click them.
- Downloading images and movie files
- What not to click in an emails
- Internet Usage and how to browse the internet
- Internet Safety
- How to setup your Facebook account what not to add an what to add. How to add fake information on your Facebook account.
- Social Media Scams and Shams
- Person to Person safety
- Set up Alexa and other tech devices
TECH TIPS :
- Do not give out your cell phone number to random people. Your cell phone is with you all the time the only people should have that number are people you want to be with, and of course your Doctor, etc.
- Never give your cell phone to a store clerk. This happened to me a Sears my response was sure if you can give me your personal cell phone, as you can imagine he would not give me his cell phone number.
- If someone is a perceived authority and asks for your cell phone number do not give it out unless they give you their home number,, see how that works…
- If you have a landline use an answering machine and screen all your calls.
- Do not pick up your landline ever let the answering machine answer all your calls.
- Do not give anyone any information over the phone ever.
- If anyone who is not your family asks for personal information JUST SAY NO!
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CERTIFICATION
IT certificate is just part of my experience in Technology. I have been on the web since 1995 and opened my first website in 1996.